Friday, February 7, 2014

Fun Friday - We're goin' to DisneyWorld! And Legoland!

It's almost here!

If you didn't see my previous post, I'm getting ready to treat my more challenging child to a birthday he will never forget!

Here's the itinerary:

Wednesday:  Check him out of school 2 hours early - a gift in itself - with car and bags packed.  Head down to Grandma's in Florida.

Copyright Legoland Florida

Thursday: The Mother Ship.  Legoland Florida.  "Trip to Legoland" was actually on his birthday list.  The boy will reach his zenith of happiness among his Tribe.  And then I'll add more.....

Copyright Walt Disney World Resort

Friday: Valentine's Day  Thing 1's Birthday - Disney World, baby!  He hasn't been since his 6th birthday.  Now my little Valentine will spend his 12th birthday in the Magic Kingdom.  In the afternoon we will show up at the All Star Sports resort for our One Night Only appearance (hey, we're on a budget).


Copyright Walt Disney World Resort

Saturday:  As much Disney as he can stand with a focus on the Animal Kingdom for my Nature Boy and then back to Grandma's house, 45 minutes away.

Sunday:  Head home after a whirlwind weekend of 5 parks in 3 days with a newly minted and happy 12 year old.  And all his Legos, pins and Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom cards.

I've begun sneak planning, using my Princess Half Marathon trip as cover.
So, I have the choice of seeing the fireworks in Magic Kingdom or watching Illuminations at Epcot.  What would you choose?  (Answer: Illuminations - "Everything is cooler over a lake.")

I really want to try out the Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom game while I'm there.  Does that sound fun to you?  (Answer: Most definitely.  "Bring me back your cards!")

It's killing me not to tell him.

I'm going to video me checking him out of school and telling him we are going to Legoland Florida.  Be sure to check back in on the blog and my Facebook Page to see!

The big question:  Do I tell him we are going to Disney World as well, or wait until the morning of his birthday for that? 

13 comments:

  1. Oh so fun!! I always wanted to do that but I cannot help myself and end up telling the kids way in advance because I'm so excited! Maybe I'll be able to control myself one day with the youngest and get to do this as well! Have a great time!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, April! I keep wanting to ask him what he wants to do and telling him about all the cool stuff!

      Delete
  2. Can't wait for the reveal! I would probably keep WDW a surprise, too! It's like Christmas, throw too many gifts at them at once, and then it just becomes a big jumble.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point - let him savor Legoland first, and then hit him with Disney!

      Delete
  3. Wait!!!! I can't wait to see the video when you surprise him! Hope you guys have a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would wait! Two surprises are always better then one. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep it in your pocket..... string out the fun! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Okay - at least I'll be distracted by Legoland!

      Delete
  7. I hope y'all are having a great time and this weather hasn't slowed you down!!

    ReplyDelete